MARRIAGE PREPARATION POLICY OF THE DIOCESE OF NASHVILLE
The choice to marry is one of life’s most momentous decisions. Marriage is a serious and sacred commitment which calls a couple to each other in the most profound and permanent way. Through it husband and wife are called to draw closer to God, to the Church, and to each other. They work at loving one another as God has loved them. As a married couple, they become a visible sign and reminder of Christ’s sacrificial love for all people.
The Church believes that every couple entering marriage has a right to the pursuit of happiness. The Church holds up to all men and women the ideal of Christian marriage permanent, exclusive, and open to children — and assists an awareness of the many social, emotional, and financial pressures exerted on marriages today.
Thus, it is with a spirit of deep hope and concern for building lasting marriages which are characterized by maturity, faith, love, and social responsibility that this policy has been promulgated for the Diocese of Nashville. Read More …
ENGAGED COUPLES RETREAT
What to Expect Before the Retreat
- If registering via PayPal, your PayPal statement will indicate that you are registered for the Engaged Couples Retreat.
- Around one week prior to the retreat, you and your fiancé will receive via email, a welcome letter and the Meyers-Briggs Inventory to be filled out, printed and brought to the retreat.
- One week prior to the retreat, a married team couple will call you to cover any questions you may have about the retreat.
What is It?
- A day to forget about hectic wedding plans and concentrate on marriage plans.
- An opportunity to be with married couples, reflect together as a couple and talk with other engaged couples about the sacrament of marriage.
- To gain insights and better appreciation of self and intended partner.
- To better understand what the covenant of sacramental marriage means.
- This is one option of marriage preparation offered by the Diocese of Nashville; the couples must still meet with the Priest or Deacon in their parish.
What to Expect Before the Retreat
If registering via PayPal, your PayPal statement will indicate that you are registered for the Engaged Couples Retreat.
Around one week prior to the retreat, you and your fiancé will receive via email, a welcome letter and the Meyers-Briggs Inventory to be filled out, printed and brought to the retreat.
One week prior to the retreat, a married team couple will call you to cover any questions you may have about the retreat.
Where is the Retreat Located?
- The retreat takes place at the Catholic Pastoral Center, 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214
How Much is It?
The cost is $175 per couple. This includes all materials, continental breakfast, coffee breaks and lunch. Registrations are processed only upon receipt of the registration form and fee of $175. Registration is available online or download the form and send it with a check…See details for registering below…
If the retreat date is already full, couples will be contacted and offered another retreat date. If they are not able to attend on an alternate date, their money will be refunded.
Up to one month prior to the scheduled retreat day, the couples may change their reservation to another retreat date OR cancel their participation outright and receive a refund (minus a $25.00 administrative fee).
A cancellation less than one month prior to the retreat will result
in forfeiture of the registration fee.
Engaged Couples Retreat Schedule
All retreats are held at the
Catholic Pastoral Center
2800 McGavock Pike
Nashville, TN 37214
For more information, call the Engaged Couples’ Retreat Department:
Or email Engaged Couples’ Retreat Assistant Coordinator Kristen Rainey:
RETREAT DATES FOR 2023:
It is not possible to make reservations by phone. Please note that the registration is not complete without the submission of the Registration Form and Payment of $175 per couple.