The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) is responsible for guiding all messaging and communication channels towards building a widely understood and positive Catholic “brand” and identity, reflective of our Diocesan Mission: “Living and Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ, Welcoming All”. This person must demonstrate both executive presence and virtuous servant leadership to all parishes, schools, and corporations within the Diocese. Reporting directly to the Chancellor/COO, this position is entrusted with significant resource management and accountability and decision-making authority as delegated by the Bishop of Nashville. Directly responsible for communications, publications, social media, Internet/App strategies, and media evangelization for the Diocese of Nashville. This full-time position is located at the Diocese of Nashville Mission Support Office located at 2800 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214-1402.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Oversee development and implementation of strategic processes to ensure pro-active and tailored messaging to specific key faith audiences (Parishes/Parishioners, City/State Government, General Public, Schools/Parents, and Catholics fallen away from the faith).
- Providing day-to-day leadership and messaging expertise in support of diocesan Pastors/Parishes/Schools & Corporations while maintaining focus on the diocese’s strategic goals.
- Establishing performance goals for all department employees/specialized agencies and monitors performance on a continual basis to improve parishioner retention and growth, school enrollment growth, parishioner involvement, and donor generosity.
- Maximizing relationships with key donors, sponsors, and media/community partners.
- Oversee data base management strategies to optimize communication effectiveness and reach for evangelization purposes and streamline parish record keeping needs.
- Applying best practices of quantitative and qualitative research techniques to better determine appropriate touchpoints of communication to effectively reach targeted audiences (youth, young adult, single mothers, seniors, young parents, working professionals, engaged couples, etc.).
- Development of a strategic and tactical set of marketing responsibilities specifically focused on promoting Catholic school education and increasing enrollment.
- Oversees the development and plan/strategy for diocesan electronic media presence to include social media, web, apps, and management of online groups.
- Oversees the budgets, strategy, brand standards and execution for diocesan media channels, including The Tennessee Register, Nashville Catholic Radio, Catholic Awakenings, and other social media, outdoor signage, print, radio, podcasts, and television with a focus on evangelization and parish/school growth.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or marketing related field required, MBA desirable.
- 7-10+ years of escalating responsibility in consultative marketing and communications leadership required, with experience and proven results.
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower people to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Natural Confident Leader with successful track record.
- Experience in social media and contemporary marketing analytics, tools and trends.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing, organizing, strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Negotiating and Financial Management
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Work effectively as a team member.
- Detail and Performance Oriented
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Organizational Agility
- Presentation Skills