Catholic Charities is seeking candidates for the position of Staff Accountant, based at our main office located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, Tennessee, 37214. This position is 37-1/2 hours per week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with some flexibility required. Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
- Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports, compile and analyze financial information to maintain the general ledger.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and fund balance, and assists in preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected agency financial position for management.
- Reviews various general ledger account reconciliations.
- Responsible for financial reporting to local, state and federal governments in compliance with contract and grant funding.
- Reports to the Financial Services and Contract Compliance Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or high school diploma (or equivalent) with minimum of five years general ledger experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel application required.
- Knowledge of Financial Edge preferred.
- Experience with PrimePay software.
- Experience with ZBA bank reconciliation.
- Knowledge/experience with government contracts preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and experience with database reporting system
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Exercises good judgment, discretion, integrity, and professionalism
- Reasoning ability regarding accounting transactions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package. Please email cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to email@example.com
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.
Please email cover letter (detailing how candidate meets posted minimum requirements) with salary history and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org