St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church, located in historic downtown Franklin, TN, about 20 miles south of Nashville, is a well-established multi-cultural parish of over 2,000 families with a talented and energetic staff.
We are seeking candidates for this part-time position (32 hours/week.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Primary duties are to reconcile and process invoices and record and verify expenses.
- Ensure that appropriate accounts and cost centers are charged.
- Ensure that all bills are paid in an efficient and timely manner.
- Review invoices to ensure that appropriate documentation is included prior to payment.
- Reconcile credit card statements and process employee expense reports, including verification of receipts and coding.
- Ensure compliance with IRS 1099 and reporting.
- Maintain accounting ledger by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Maintains records and files for each vendor.
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- In addition, this person will work with the Director of Administration on all contracts and collect Certificates of Insurance per Diocese of Nashville policies and maintain files for insurance and risk management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Minimum of three years of Accounting/Bookkeeping experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and general journal entries. Experience in the non-profit environment is preferred.
- Experience with financial accounting programs including G/L, A/P & A/R with experience in preparing financial reports.
OTHER SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS:
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing
- Computational aptitude and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of contracts and purchasing guidelines is a plus.
- Experience using office machines such as computers, calculators, copiers, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good verbal, written, telephone, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting with a variety of people.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to work under minimal direction and supervision.
- Required proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and the ability to use the embedded Microsoft product tools/functions to extract and manipulate data.
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing in both English and Spanish is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience with an excellent benefits package. All candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background screen and comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies.
(1) a cover letter of introduction
(2) a complete and professional resume, and;
(3) contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.