St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church is a well-established parish of over 1,800 families (English and Spanish speaking) with a talented and energetic staff and volunteer base. The parish is seeking a candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant and Records.
This position is full time with a regular schedule and a workweek of Sunday through Thursday and reports to the Director of Administration.
Areas of Responsibility
- Being a resource and serving as back up for the Parish Volunteer Receptionists
- Maintaining Sacrament Records and providing notification of Sacraments to the Parish of Baptism as well as preparing Certificates for Sacraments
- Assisting with facility scheduling and associated paperwork
- Inputting data and managing the Faith Formation enrollment database
- Performs routine clerical and data entry functions
- Provides support for Faith Formation, including RCIA and Young Adult Ministry
- Ensures that supplies are maintained and area is in good order
- Respect and appreciation for the Catholic Church
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish is required
- Associates degree in business or equivalent education/experience in a busy office environment
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of people including parents, children, catechists, volunteers and parishioners
- Organizational aptitude and attention to detail
- Proficiency in the use of computers including email, Google and/or Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Publisher and Excel, experience with Social Media is preferred
- Prefer individual with Parish Data System (PDS) experience or similar database application software
- Self-motivated with willingness to work under general direction and supervision
St. Philip offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience. All candidates and comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies and procedures.