The Diocese of Nashville seeks qualified candidates for an administrative assistant/receptionist at the Catholic Schools Office located at 2800 McGavock Pike in Nashville. This is a full-time position that provides receptionist services such as telephone communications, mail, invoice processing and visitor control. This person maintains a professional and caring atmosphere in the lobby of the Catholic Schools Office. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours with the occasional evening or weekend assignments.
- Serves as receptionist for the Catholic Schools Office by handling incoming telephone, electronic, or written inquiries from outside sources such as principals, pastors, schools, teachers, families, and the community.
- Ensures principals have easy access to necessary tools and resources by leveraging technology tools, such as SharePoint and Office 365.
- Ensures office efficacy by monitoring the proper functioning of office equipment.
- Performs clerical duties for the CSO staff members.
- Manages information/data collection between schools and the CSO.
- Creates and maintains filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Assists with event planning, CSO meeting set-up/clean-up, hospitality, and materials.
- Maintains an organized, tidy office space, ensures supplies are maintained.
- Provides support to the diocesan receptionist regularly.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of secretarial experience with excellent secretarial and organizational skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and utmost discretion in all matters.
- Ability to make independent decisions daily, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others.
- Ability to keep self and others organized and to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Proficiency in a variety of writing styles, from creative to professional to technical and more.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
This position includes a competitive salary, based upon qualifications and experience, and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should apply through our job portal by clicking the link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1415740/Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Nashville/Administrative-AssistantCSO-Receptionist