The Diocese of Nashville seeks qualified candidates for an administrative assistant/receptionist at the Mission Support Office located at 2800 McGavock Pike in Nashville. This is a full-time position that provides receptionist services such as telephone communications, mail, invoice processing and visitor control. This person maintains a professional and caring atmosphere in the main lobby of the Diocesan Mission Support Officer. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours with the occasional evening or weekend assignments.
- Greets visitors in a polite and attentive manner. Announces them to the appropriate personnel.
- Answers the telephone in a professional, joyful and caring manner. Transfers calls to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Responds to visitor and phone inquiries from the community. Directs them to the appropriate service department, parish or institution. Provides directions, phone numbers, and general information about the Diocese of Nashville as needed.
- Receives and distributes intercompany and U.S. mail to departmental mail shelves.
- Receives and signs for letters and packages and directs to addressees.
- Schedule’s meeting room space in Skedda Calendar program as requested for MSO meetings. Follow-up with internal meeting organizers on cancelations of meetings and communicates to Facilities Superintendent or Facility Engineer.
- Assists in maintaining building security by ensuring that visitors are known and/or expected prior to allowing them to enter the secure section of the building.
- Regular work attendance. This Position requires having Entrance 4, Main Lobby; ready and open at 8:00am promptly.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Facility Superintendent.
- Regularly monitors emails and channels messages to the Director when appropriate.
- Processes all invoices received from Facilities Superintendent and Facilities Director.
- Organizes and maintains file system. File’s correspondence and other records.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including email, faxes, and annual mailings.
- Orders and maintains departmental supplies and building custodial supplies as requested.
- Regular work attendance. Hours of work: 8:00am – 4:30pm. Flexibility, on occasion, to slightly alter hours of work to support large event or other needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of secretarial experience with excellent secretarial and organizational skills.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- Good public relations skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
- Ability to display discretion and integrity in the performance of duties.
- Understanding, respect, and support for Catholic Church teaching, mission, and values.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers, including the following software applications Windows, Word, Outlook Email. Microsoft Excel familiarity.
This position includes a competitive salary, based upon qualifications and experience, and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter of introduction and a resume that includes at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org