Administrative Assistant to the Principal
Job Goal: The Administrative Assistant to the Principal serves as the right-hand person to the Principal, assisting the Principal in advancing the priorities and goals of the school by providing administrative and operational support. The Administrative Assistant is also responsible for some administrative tasks to support the other ofﬁces under the Principal (speciﬁcally Academics and Student Support).
- At least ﬁve years of ofﬁce management experience in a professional setting
- Effective time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain conﬁdentiality
- Ability to build productive relationships with various constituency groups
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously
- Appreciation of institutional mission and commitment to a customer service ethic
- Ability to multitask, remain calm under pressure, and treat everyone with respect
Classiﬁcation: Full-time, 12 months, Non-exempt. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required to assist with events.
Reports to: Principal
- Provides full administrative support to the Principal and Dean of Faculty and Instruction, including correspondence, agendas, reports, and reservations of Maintains ﬁles, orders supplies, and sorts mail.
- Maintains all faculty ﬁles, including licensure, professional development records, and performance reviews. Assists Registrar in maintaining student ﬁles.
- Answers all incoming telephone calls to the Academic ofﬁce, taking messages as
- Maintains the Principal’s calendar and communications, including scheduling all appointments and meetings with students, faculty, and parents.
- Works closely with the Administrative Assistant to the President on all overlapping
- Works with the Director of Communications on all correspondence from the Principal, including creating routine correspondence and weekly schedule announcements.
- Maintains budgets for the Principal, including budget to actual analysis, reconciliation, and management of payments/invoices.
- Creates and manages all reporting requirements for the Catholic Schools Ofﬁce, Board of Trustees, and other external agencies (including NCEA, Accreditation, ). Mines data and creates special reports for all internal analysis.
- Assists the Event Coordinator in coordinating all Academic events, including all year-end academic events (Honors Night, Baccalaureate, Graduation, 8th-grade Graduation, ).
Pope John Paul II Preparatory School
May 25, 2023
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Laura Thigpen, Associate Head of School for Finance and Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org).