The Admissions Director is responsible for all aspects of admissions and recruitment for students in Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade and directs families through the admissions process from inquiry to enrollment. The Admissions Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement short and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure Christ the King School meets enrollment objectives and will partner with leadership, teachers, and other constituents to develop strategies to retain students to maintain enrollment.
With others, the Admissions Director will oversee the School’s entrance criteria, review applications, conduct family and student admissions interviews, and generate final admissions decisions based on the mission, vision, and purpose of Christ the King School. The Admissions Director needs to be an enthusiastic self-starter who actively works to promote the school to prospective families, works with faculty and staff to recruit and retain students, and is actively engaged in the life of the school. The Admissions Director must possess and exercise outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including exemplary writing and public speaking skills.
The Admissions Director is part of the school leadership team and reports directly to the School Principal. As a member of the leadership team of the school, the Admissions Director must be a team player with a warm, collaborative nature, exude positive energy, and possess superior organization and prioritization skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops a comprehensive plan to promote Christ the King School to prospective students and families.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the School’s recruiting and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the school’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of social media engagement plan.
- Works closely with the Advancement Director to develop the overall marketing campaign for the school and works strategically with the school’s constituents to ensure a mission-driven, integrated, and effective identity.
- Prepares a timely advertising plan for student recruitment using all relevant resources.
- Organizes and coordinates the annual Open House for prospective students and parents with the support of the Event Coordinator.
- Develops and maintains a school visitation program for prospective students and families, including “shadow” visits.
- Manages relationships with current families to serve as ambassadors.
- Coordinates the administration of admissions testing and works with the school leadership and teachers to determine acceptance criteria.
- Performs student and family admissions interviews as part of the admissions process.
- Evaluates and executes admission decisions on applicant files.
- Develops and monitors statistical reports to enhance recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency.
- Organizes and manages the registration process for new and existing students.
- Works closely with the Advancement Director to complete marketing research with the goal of increased enrollment and retention.
- Assist School Leadership Team with various initiatives and events throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned.