The Diocese of Nashville Mission Support Office (MSO) seeks qualified candidates for the position of Annual Appeal Coordinator for the office of Stewardship and Development. This regular full-time position will grow individual giving at The Diocese of Nashville for the Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Ministries campaign. The MSO is in the Catholic Pastoral Center in the Donelson neighborhood of Nashville. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours of the Catholic Pastoral Center. This position will require travel throughout Middle Tennessee and attendance at some evening meetings and events. This position reports directly to the Director of Stewardship and Development.
- Represents the Diocese of Nashville in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Event Material Oversight: Works with vendors and other offices to develop materials related to the Annual Appeal including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.), event scripts, social media, and electronic communication strategies.
- In collaboration with the Director of Stewardship and Development and the Special Events Coordinator, the ideal candidate will develop strategies for prospecting, mailings, campaigns, and marketing materials.
- Additionally, certain activities may focus on individual fundraising efforts.
- Fundraising Events: Manages invite lists, donor recognition opportunities, works with parish staff and volunteers as needed.
- Data Entry and Management: acknowledgement letters, tribute recognition, gift entry, individual donor information entry and upkeep. Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor pledges and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgment and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings and data entry.
- Conducts formal post-implementation review and analysis to determine future improvements to continually increase productivity and stewardship effectiveness of Diocesan events.
- Carries out additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the Diocese of Nashville.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience with direct mail appeals, fundraising event planning, donor database (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of “best Practices” in development.
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Proven excellent stewardship skills including follow-through and extreme attention to detail required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Problem solving, strategic agility, informing, organizing, planning, priority setting, presentation skills, verbal and written communications, ethics and values, integrity and trust, team builder, customer focus, and confidentiality
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to: