Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church seeks qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Director of Faith Formation and Catecheshsis. This individual works primarily to promote, cultivate, and foster the catechetical and spiritual formation of parishioners. The ideal candidate must be an innovative individual who is willing to work with the Director of Faith Formation to create and execute all catechetical and evangelical initiatives to meet the needs of a growing, suburban parish, as well as possess the motivation and skill set to carry out these initiatives.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
Facilitate catechetical opportunities for children and families.
- Executes the plan for catechetical and spiritual formation to evangelize, disciple and catechize the youth of Our Lady of the Lake.
- Assists in the recruitment and training of catechists and aides for catechetical programing.
- Develops relationships with support volunteers to serve as substitute catechists or to help with program needs.
- Evaluates programing for catechetical initiatives coordinating with the parish formation team to ensure that the goal of the formation of the whole family is central in expending parish resources.
- Coordinates and works with youth and their families in preparing for First Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation, including planning and conducting the meetings with parents.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and overseeing retreats for sacramental preparation.
- Collaborates with the pastor and Director of Faith Formation to manifest the vision for catechetical and sacramental life of the parish.
- Fosters student participation in faith formation, evangelization, and stewardship, involvement at mass
- Participates in staff meetings and regularly reviews status of program goals and priorities.
- Maintains open communication with staff and parish community regarding catechetical activities.
- Stays up to date regarding diocesan policies and best practices to ensure the parish policies regarding catechetical formation are formulated according to current standards.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual ministry plan outlining analysis of previous formation efforts with concrete matrices of success as well as future proposals for initiatives to further formation goals.
- Assists in submitting an annual budget for formation activities to be submitted to pastor as a part of the annual parish budget
- Prepares and submits needed reports as required by the diocese.
- Attends diocesan sponsored catechetical functions and conferences. Plans and conducts parish catechetical meetings for catechists and parents as needed during the year.
- Assists in planning and coordinating catechist recognition events, e.g., dinner, receptions, at least once annually.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, Theology, Divinity, Catechetics, Youth Ministry or related field and/or Associates Degree is preferred.
- Prior parish ministry experience is preferred.
- Capable of planning and executing events usch as retreats and conferences as well as a strong desire and abilty to mentor other ministry leaders and parishioners. Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
Leadership, interpersonal communication, organization, problem solving, motivating others, written communication, vision/planning, creativity/innovation, conflict resolution, delegation
For consideration, please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates should contact Laura Sardagna regarding the job postings at email@example.com.