The Assistant Director of Faith Formation for Youth and Young Adult Ministry facilitates the development of youth and young adult ministries in the schools and parishes of the Diocese of Nashville by serving as a resource, support, and communications link with these entities; providing formation and collaborative opportunities for youth ministers; ensuring that programs follow the youth ministry components as outlined by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and supporting the implementation of diocesan programs for youth (6th through 12th grades) and young adults (18+) and those who serve them.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE:
- Works collaboratively with the Office of Faith Formation team to create and implement innovative catechetical and evangelical programs for youth and young adults.
- Mentors youth ministers throughout the Diocese of Nashville as well as designs programs and resources for their continued ministerial development.
- Creates and manages all Diocesan-level retreats and initiatives including but not limited to logistics and transportation, content creation (as needed), lodging, catering, marketing, scheduling, ensuring Safe Environment compliance, and coordinating with affiliated adult and/or student volunteer leaders.
- Holy Fire (Middle School Confirmation experience produced by NFCYM)
- SEARCH (11th/12th grade retreat modeled after Cursillo)
- NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference for 9th-12th graders across the country)
- March for Life and Human Dignity Pilgrimage (Annual March for Life and Pilgrimage to Washington D.C.)
- Sealed (Diocesan-led Confirmation Retreat)
- Youth Leadership Workshop (Summer Leadership Workshop for 11th/12th graders)
- Girls’ Retreat (10th-12th grade girls’ retreat)
- “The Call” Freshman Retreat (9th grade packaged retreat for parish use and facilitation based on the call of the apostles)
- Christmas at the CPC (Annual Christmas party for current youth and alumni)
- Serves as a liaison and resource between the chaplains, campus ministers, youth ministers, pastors, associate pastors, and the youth office by planning events and providing pastoral support as requested. Regularly attends and helps facilitate parish retreats and youth group nights as needed.
- Develops and deepens relationships with primary entities throughout the Diocese of Nashville. The Assistant Director will be expected to spend a considerable amount of time visiting the three Catholic high schools within the Diocese of Nashville as well as the youth ministry programs on the parish level including but not limited to attending daily masses, luncheons, extracurricular activities (athletics, arts, etc.), and youth nights to develop those relationships.
- Manages high school internship program by developing internship plans, completing reviews, teaching marketing and social media skills.
- Collaborates directly with Office of Stewardship and Development to provide content and support within the scope of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
- Designs/creates/plans all social media content for the Office of Faith Formation related to Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
- Monitors social media and corresponds to all questions/comments through Instagram, Google Voice, GroupMe, and email.
- Designs and distributes marketing materials for the Office of Formation initiatives associated with Youth and Young Adult Ministry following brand standard guidelines of the MSO.
- Creates and reviews participatory event surveys for all Youth and Young Adult Ministry events.
- Prepares yearly budget plans and manages monthly budget required for the Youth and Young Adult Ministry branch of the Office of Faith Formation.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Director of the Office of Faith Formation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Theology or related field.
- Master’s degree in Theology or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working in youth ministry or related ministries.
- Practicing Roman Catholic in good standing.
- Active parish and diocesan involvement.
- Considerable knowledge of Church teaching and practice.
- Well-established evangelical fervor and catechetical strength.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web-based software.
- Ability to travel frequently to off-site events and to work on evenings and weekends.
If interested, please submit your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org