Reports to: Principal
The Assistant Principal serves as a key member of the core administrative team, working collaboratively with the Principal to fulfill the school’s mission. The Assistant Principal assists the Principal in the administration of the school, has a complete understanding of the philosophy of Catholic education and is committed to supporting and implementing the vision of Holy Rosary Academy.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field
- Meets Catechetical requirements as put forth by the Diocese of Nashville
- Begin a Masters in Educational Leadership program within 3 years of hire date
- Thorough understanding of school operations
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn the following systems: Renweb, PDS, and FACTS Tuition Management
- Working knowledge of curriculum planning and design
- Ability to evaluate the instructional program and teacher effectiveness
- Ability to plan and manage the budget and personnel
- Ability to implement policies and procedures
- Knowledge, acceptance, and advocacy of the Catholic faith
- Five years’ experience as a classroom teacher in a Catholic school
- Evidence of leadership experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in the development and evaluation of educational programs.
- Promote the use of technology in the teaching/learning process.
- Promote a Christocentric, safe, positive, nurturing, caring climate for learning.
- Communicate effectively with students, staff, and parents.
- Participate in the development of school improvement plans with staff, parents, and community members.
- Help the principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records to track progress on academic performance objectives and standards.
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences.
- Assist the principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
Administration and Fiscal/Facilities Management:
- Supervise operations in the principal’s absence.
- Oversee the general academy financials, including maintaining accuracy in the general ledger, coding accounts payable, managing account allocations of revenue and expenses, securing bank deposits, and assisting in budget preparation.
- Collect, review, and prepare payroll timesheets.
- Manage all areas of tuition; enter tuition fees, monitor payments and allocate payment distribution, enforce non-payment procedures, conduct an initial review of financial aid application, provides assistance to account holders, provide FACTS point to families.
- Coordinate financial aid process between school and account holders. Analyze initial aid applications for submission to principal and pastor; prepare grants and scholarship to fund financial aid.
- Serve on various committees.
- Run and distribute student eligibility reports to Principal, AD, and others deemed appropriate.
- Secure bids and contracts for copier lease and uniform supplier.
- Procure current textbook inventory; order required textbooks that align with curriculum and are within budgetary restrictions.
- Supervise reporting and monitoring of student attendance and work with the secretary on follow-up investigations.
- Work with level-leaders and department heads to compile annual budget requests based on documented program needs.
- Requisition supplies, textbooks, and equipment; check inventory, maintain records; and verify receipts for materials.
- Assist with safety inspections and safety-drill practice activities.
- Assist principal with the coordination of custodial, cafeteria and other support services.
- Comply with federal and state laws and the Diocese of Nashville policies and procedures.
- Ensure that students are adequately supervised during non-instructional periods.
- Help to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior.
- Ensure that school rules are uniformly observed and that student discipline is appropriate and equitable.
- Conduct conferences on student and school issues with parents, students, and teachers.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Participate in professional development to improve skills related to job assignment.
- Articulate the school’s mission to the community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of the school’s needs and initiate activities to meet those needs.
- Use appropriate, effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Maintain emotional control under stress. The ability to multi-task and prioritize workload is a must. Work with frequent interruptions. Assistant principal will occasionally travel various places throughout the diocese; occasionally have prolonged and irregular work hours including some evenings and weekends. Maintaining confidentiality is a critical part of this role.
The preceding statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
To make application, please send a cover letter expressing your interest to work as an educator at Holy Rosary Academy, along with a current resume’ and 3 professional references to Principal Kimber Halliburton at firstname.lastname@example.org