Start Date: 7/1/23
Reports to: Athletic Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pope Prep has 24 varsity-level sports that compete at the Division II-AA level of the TSSAA and 18 middle school sports that compete in the Harpeth Valley Athletic Conference (HVAC). We seek to add an Athletic Trainer to our current staff that understands the role athletics plays in holistic education for students.
The Athletic Trainer position requires an individual that is certified and meets the requirements set forth by the National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification and the state of Tennessee (or eligible). In addition, the Athletic Trainer should be BLS certified.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Treatment and evaluation of injuries.
- Collaborative approach and open communication with existing training staff
- Provide first aid and injury assessment/treatment/rehabilitation/reconditioning for all student-athletes during daily practices, home games, and away games as assigned.
- Make appropriate referrals and appointments with physicians.
- Contact and work with First Responders as needed.
- Conduct concussion testing and supervise injured athletes' return to work/play before and during sports seasons.
- Maintain an effective athletic training room.
- Communicate effectively with parents, coaches, administrators, and physicians.
- File/record all necessary reports associated with athletic injuries and incidents.
- Collaborate with the School Nurse on student injury status and ensure all student-athletes have annual physicals.
- Assist in ordering supplies and equipment for the athletic training room and maintain an up-to-date inventory.
- Work with the Athletic Director on the annual budget.
- Create a safe playing environment by monitoring and controlling environmental risks.
- Demonstrate continued professional growth.
- Work directly with student interns or teach as necessary.
- Additional duties as directed by Athletic Director and or Principal.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is full-time, year-round, with full benefits. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and degree/licensure.
Current BLS Certification, NATABOC Certified, Tennessee Licensed or eligible.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience, health/dental/vision insurance, HSA contributions, CEU reimbursement, and 403B contributions.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to John Dempsey, Athletic Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Brian Sneed, Assistant Athletic Director (email@example.com).