Job Goal: The Auxiliary Services Coordinator oversees all auxiliary services at Pope John Paul II Preparatory School. This includes athletic concessions and gates, Armory (spirit store) operations and purchasing, and summer camp. The Auxiliary Services Coordinator should approach the job with an entrepreneurial mindset, envisioning new program ideas to further Pope’s mission and community engagement with an income-generating lens.
- Strategic and hands-on experience managing a wide variety of tasks
- Effective time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong technology skills to operate multiple software programs (CampBrain, Lightspeed)
- Ability to build productive relationships with vendors and outside clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments simultaneously
- Ability to lift 20-25 lbs repeatedly
- Excellent customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Bachelor's degree preferred; signiﬁcant work experience can substitute for a degree
Classiﬁcation: Full-time, 12 months, Non-exempt. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
Reports to: Controller
Gate and Concessions
- Oversees gate/ticket sales for athletic contests through GoFan and schedules Input all revenue generating sports schedules into GoFan
- Oversees concessions for athletic events, including inventory management, stafﬁng requirements, cash management, and sales reporting.
- Upkeep of equipment within concession areas, partnering with Facilities as
Armory (Spirit Store)
The Armory is POPE’s spirit store and represents a fully-functioning retail and online operation available to the POPE community. This position will have primary responsibility for the Armory and will work closely with the Armory Design team, Business Ofﬁce, and Marketing.
Responsible for all primary Armory activities, including retail and online operations, and supporting back-ofﬁce responsibilities. Primary responsibilities are highlighted below:
- Oversees all Armory Procurement & Vendor Management functions, including
- Coordinates with the Armory design team to create an apparel schedule for the academic school year to ensure the timely roll-out of new
- Oversee general vendor management including the creation of purchase orders in Lightspeed (POS), distribution and communication of purchase orders to vendors, and active management of the order-to-delivery process with
- Plan and communicate purchasing needs/timelines by actively managing supply chain restraints, monitoring inventory levels and reorder points, and negotiating product pricing.
- Responsible for receiving inventory and matching receipts against POs, folding and stocking items, tagging items with barcodes, and organizing products effectively in the Armory retail space and at remote events.
- Manages the product sales and fulﬁllment process, including monitoring online orders, fulﬁlling orders, and communicating with customers.
- Maintains and manages Lightspeed, the Armory’s point of sale and inventory management Responsibilities include:
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory listing at adequate inventory
- Review and respond to inventory and sales
- Utilize reporting functions to determine adequate inventory levels, reorder points and slow-moving items.
- Create inventory records for all products including products/matrices, manage sales prices for retail and online operations, ensure product costs are timely and accurate and add relevant product pictures with the help of the Armory Design
- Controls inventory by safeguarding items appropriately and ensuring proper inventory controls are in effect and implemented, including periodic inventory counts, full physical inventory counts, and monitoring returns and damaged products.
- Manages all aspects of the online Armory store, emphasizing customer experience and product awareness.
- Ensure all items are available on the online store
- Associate items to product categories
- Create and manage the online headlines/themes to promote product awareness
- Manage the visual and organizational aspects of the online store to highlight products and encourage consumer engagement.
- Work collaboratively with Finance and Marketing to coordinate promotions, special events and marketing initiatives/incentives.
- Opens the Armory at all major school events (football games, Back to School Night, Admissions events, Uniform ﬁtting days, ) as well as regular weekly hours. Coordinates the annual Armory Christmas sale.
- Manages volunteer schedule to assist with demands of receiving inventory, tagging items, and working events.
- Solicit summer camp ideas from faculty and coaches annually to develop a robust offering of options for the community.
- Plans the schedule of summer camp based on annual offerings to ensure appropriate matching of camps and maximizing the use of facilities.
- Gathers all camp descriptions and assists the Director of Marketing with creating all camp marketing materials, including the CampBrain registration website.
- Works with the Director of Communications to develop community-wide messaging and website marketing, including regular updates of camp changes.
- Manages the registration process through the CampBrain registration system.
- Creates policies and procedures to ensure safe camp
- Maintains all camp rosters and works with all camp sponsors on changes and no-shows.
- Oversees all aspects of summer camp during camp Responsible for all communication with families and camp sponsors.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Laura Thigpen, Associate Head of School for Finance and Operations (firstname.lastname@example.org).