St. Rose of Lima Church, located in Murfreesboro, TN, is a growing parish with a talented and energetic staff serving over 3000 families. We are seeking a Bookkeeper. This position is full-time with a regular schedule Monday through Friday, working 37 1/2 hours per week.
Primary functions are to oversee the accounts receivable, cash receipts and correspondence for both school and parish families; all deposits to include miscellaneous, school, FACTS, Vanco (electronic donations), church collections. All donation entry and reporting (including Sunday collection). Annually complete donation fund setup. Maintain school billing and report card holds and records release. Prepare donation memorial letters. Annually prepare and send donation tax letters and dependent care statements. Subsidiary ledger maintenance. Verifying Parish Subsidy eligibility for school and high school students. Parent correspondence. Adjustments to agreements/billing in school system. Work with Legal for accounts receivable collections. Oversee all auxiliary program billing.
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
3. 3-5 years of bookkeeping experience
4. Bilingual English-Spanish helpful
5. Prior experience working in a parish/diocese, government, or non-profit helpful
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Ability to maintain confidentiality
2. Knowledge of Diocesan norms and Canon Law fiscal policies helpful
3. Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with pastor, staff, volunteers, and parishioners
4. Self-motivated, trustworthy steward of parish resources
5. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize while performing accurate, detailed work
6. Ability to manage details and files related to all aspects of parish finance.
7. Prefer candidate with experience using Parish Data Systems
8. Successful completion of parish Safe Environment program
9. Typing/keyboarding skills of at least 50 wpm
10. Proficiency in the use of computers including internet, email, and Microsoft Office products & Google Workspace Applications
Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience with excellent benefits package.
Posting date: February 2022
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.