Summary: Saint Ann Parish exists to radiate Jesus Christ and provide a home for generations. The Communication Coordinator is responsible for communications, branding and marketing at Saint Ann School. This includes, but is not limited to, working with marketing plans, branding, website management and updating, print communications and all digital communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains Tuesday Tidbits.
- Proactively maintain favorable relations with Saint Ann’s internal and external audiences including: parents, alumnae, alumnae parents, faculty and staff, the surrounding community through communication templates and flyers.
- Maintains and updates the school website regularly.
- Completes a full website audit 3x per year.
- Serves as an active member of the school admissions/advancement team, attending weekly meetings.
- Communicates with prospective families for follow up reminders; tours, shadow days, etc.
- Builds email content for admissions team to use when communicating admissions needs.
- Oversees and directs branding guidelines through print and online content.
- Coordinates and works closely with the team producing the Eagle Eye newsletter.
- Work with appropriate school personnel to write and/or edit annual school publications, including but not limited to Student Handbook, Admissions publications, Parents Newsletter, and Annual Report. Produce publications and promotional materials for the school’s Annual fund, special events, anniversaries, etc.
- Assist with other external and internal communications duties as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals.
Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong desire to support the mission of Saint Ann Catholic School and must live and act in their personal and professional role in agreement to the moral and ethical teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Copywriting and editing experience.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Experience with marketing techniques and strategies including branding, email, and content marketing.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office and other software beneficial for creating content.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively with faculty, staff, administration, parents, students, alumnae and the community
- Able to exercise initiative, independent judgment and responsibility
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Able to manage simultaneous projects and multiple deadlines
- Able to maintain friendly and professional manner, especially under stress
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email resume and cover letter to Anna Rumfola at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 18, 2021