Mother Teresa is the newest Catholic Church of the Diocese of Nashville, established in Nolensville, TN, on June 28, 2021. We celebrated our first Mass as a community on September 5th in Nolensville Elementary Gymnasium and have experienced exponential growth since our first gathering. Due to the rapid growth, we are now in a position to expand our pastoral team so that we can more effectively communicate with our current and future parishioners. Mother Teresa Catholic Church is a community centered on Christ’s presence in the Eucharist and we strive to follow the example of Mother Teresa’s joyful love for all, especially the most underprivileged.
Mission of the Communications Director
The responsibility of the Communications Director will be to reach the parishioners of Mother Teresa and all located in Eastern Williamson County through a variety of avenues, both digitally and through print. The Communications Director should be a content creator and digital storyteller. Being a brand new parish, it is especially important to communicate to our Mother Teresa family in every way possible. It is our goal to make Mother Teresa a second home for our families.
- Maintain the Mother Teresa website, schedule weekly reflections and announcement posts, add to the website calendar, and create new pages as necessary
- Create content for and maintain the custom Mother Teresa mobile application
- Develop the weekly bulletin to be included in the mobile application
- Manage the Mother Teresa Facebook and Instagram accounts by creating and scheduling new content for parishioners each day, as well as answering any questions or comments
- Maintain the parishioner database
- Search for new and better ways that the Church may reach more parishioners
- Ensure that the Mother Teresa brand stays consistent and cohesive in all projects
- Send out e-blasts to parishioners and maintain the email marketing service database
- Design both digital and print promotional items for new events, development initiatives, etc.
- Design annual projects such as the annual report, calendar, and ministry directory
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Advertising, a similar field, or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of experience in digital and print design
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS
- A readiness to learn new applications, seek better solutions, and adapt to new technology
- Knowledge of business accounts for both Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with photography
- Copywriting ability, with strong attention to detail
- Experience with videography, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects are a plus
- Experience with email marketing is a plus
- Knowledge of UX design is a plus
- Knowledge of Pushpay’s Church Community Builder is a plus
- Knowledge of Pushpay’s Mobile App Studio is a plus
The Communications Director position is hourly; commensurate with experience and is part time. The duties of the job are performed in the Parish Office and working from home. Office hours are 9AM - 2PM; Monday – Thursday. Position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; short and long-term disability; 403(b) with employer match; and will participate in the Diocesan Lay Benefit Pension Plan. Standard paid holidays and vacation pay apply.