St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church is a well-established parish of over 1,800 families (English and Spanish speaking) with a talented and energetic staff and volunteer base. The parish is seeking a candidate for the position of Coordinator of Faith Formation for Pre-School through 6th Grade.
This position is full time with a typical workweek of Sunday through Thursday. The schedule is flexible based on the needs of the program and the parish. Due to the nature of the position, there is a need to work on evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Director of Faith Formation for Children through Young Adults.
Areas of Responsibility
- Sacramental preparation and faith formation for children 3 years of age to 12 years of age (pre-school through 6th grade) through Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, Traditional, Home School and Family Catechesis methodology and curriculum
- Catechist recruitment and formation and support
- Communicating with parents
- Encouraging parent education and involvement in their child’s faith formation
- Serving as a resource for ministries involving children in this age group
- Roman Catholic in good standing
- A degree in theology or youth ministry or a degree in another field with certification in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1, 2, and 3 or a minimum of Level 2 certification with the intent of certification in Level 3
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Formation Leader or demonstrated progress toward becoming a Formation Leader is preferred
- Experience with guiding faith formation in a multi-generational, multi-cultural church is preferred
- Appropriate self-knowledge and ability to share the Catholic faith
- Commitment to the mission of the church
- Ability to work within parish structures and policies
- Ability to work collaboratively and without direct supervision with staff, volunteers, parents, and students
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize and be flexible
- Proficient computer skills in the use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Google, Office 365 or similar products
- Effective communication skills, specifically writing, teaching and speaking
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for the work required
- Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish are preferred
St. Philip offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience. All candidates and comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies and procedures.