The Coordinator of High School Youth Ministry is employed by the Diocese of Knoxville with approval of the Bishop of Knoxville. The coordinator is responsible for implementing and administering the programs and events of the Office of Youth, Young Adult, and Pastoral Juvenil Ministry in conjunction with the goals and objectives as determined by the Director. This position is an exempt status, a full-time member of the Diocesan Staff, and is an experienced professional.
BASIC FUNCTIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implement the vision, values, goals, and objectives of Catholic discipleship among young people of the diocese, based on the teachings and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church.
• Provide training and resources for the youth, young adults, and parish leaders who are involved in high school youth ministry.
• Research and evaluate resources that support ministry to, with, and for high school teens.
• Collaborate with parish leaders throughout the diocese to maintain consistent and positive contact with the reality of the youth in each parish and to assess the needs.
• Coordinate events, retreats, pilgrimages, camps, formation opportunities, etc. on behalf of the ministry.
• Participate in scheduled diocesan and departmental meetings and events.
• Assist the Director of Youth, Young Adult Ministry, and Pastoral Juvenil Ministry in the formulation and administration of an annual budget.
• Prepare weekly check - ins as requested by the Director.
• Manage the activities and responsibilities of the Diocesan High School Ministry outreach.
• Participate in educational and training opportunities for personal development.
• Oversee website and social media accounts for the ministry in addition to event promotion.
• Reports directly to the Director of Youth, Young Adult, and Pastoral Juvenil Ministry.
• Maintain relationship with pastors, DREs, and youth ministers throughout the diocese.
• Work collaboratively with the diocesan middle school ministry, young adult ministry, Vocations Office, Schools Office, and pastoral juvenil ministry.
QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor’s degree
• Be a practicing Catholic in good standing and active in the parish.
• Experience in using commonly utilized software programs (i.e.: Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Canva, etc.)
• Experience in planning and coordinating small and large-scale events; including retreats, parish events, and other gatherings.
• Experience in related ministry. Critical Skills
• Excellent interpersonal and group communication; both written and spoken.
• Ability to function effectively in a team or collaborative ministry setting among a diverse population.
• Confidentiality, leadership, reliability, and professionalism.
• Able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
• Able to adjust schedule and travel as required for the success of the position and the ministry