Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church is hiring a Coordinator of Music for our Hispanic Community. This is a part-time position that rehearses every Monday night at 7pm and directs/accompanies the choir at the Spanish mass on Sundays at 6pm. The role helps to create an environment for worship through music that will help the community express and share their gift of joyful faith and nourish and strengthen their faith commitment.
- Develops and trains music ministry volunteers who will have the confidence and opportunity to share their musical gifts and to develop a deep love and thorough understanding of liturgy and how music integrates with it.
- Invites and encourages active participation of the entire faith community in the liturgy.
- Provides musical accompaniment as needed for Hispanic formation events.
- Prepares the music for the parish liturgy in Spanish.
- Collaborates with Spanish staff and Worship Team.
- Prepares and facilitates the planning and music for all Holy and Feast Day celebrations where the Spanish Mass is celebrated.
- Creates worship aids for all Spanish Masses.
- Reports to Director of Music and Liturgy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or prior parish ministry in music is preferred.
Fluent in Spanish, Reads sheet music, Leader, interpersonal communication, organization, problem solving, motivating others, written communication, vision/planning, creativity/innovation, conflict resolution
- Up to 8 hours per week.
- Extra hours around special liturgical dates (Christmas, Holy Week, Holy Days of Obligation)