Directs and supports facets of stewardship and fundraising programs, focusing primarily on the annual appeal and special events to secure annual financial resources for ministries and programs of the diocese.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develops the Annual Ministry Plan section related to the Bishop’s Annual Appeal.
- Directs all elements to execute the Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Ministries.
- Oversees annual fundraising dinners and activities.
- Builds relationships with donors, pastors, parish staffs, diocesan staff, volunteers and other key stakeholders.
- Focus on individual and team fundraising efforts.
- Represents the Diocese of Nashville in a positive manner at all times, including working with staff, volunteers, and vendors.
- Maintain effective policies, procedures and protocols to ensure data protection and donor privacy.
- Event Material Oversight: Works with development staff, vendors and other offices to develop materials related to the Annual Appeal including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.), event scripts, social media, and electronic communication strategies. Ensures timely distribution of required tax reporting by IRS deadlines.
- In collaboration with the Annual Appeal Coordinator and Special Events Coordinator, develops strategies for prospecting, mailings, campaigns, and marketing materials.
- Data Entry and Management: acknowledgement letters, tribute recognition, gift entry, individual donor information entry and upkeep. Provides direction for special events including preparation, set-up, event execution and tear-down.
- Oversees regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgment and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
- Carries out additional assignment required to fulfill the Mission of the Diocese of Nashville.
Department staff including Special Event Coordinator, Annual Appeal Coordinator, and occasional volunteers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree and/or Certified Fund-Raising Executive credentials preferred.
- A minimum of three years professional experience in non-profit fundraising. Experience with faith-based organizations preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing a development portfolio.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with experience producing effective proposals and reports and making compelling presentations to individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated experience in building positive and enduring relationships with donors and key stakeholders. An established network with members of the Middle Tennessee Catholic community is a plus.
- Reverence for the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church required. Practicing Roman Catholic preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, Raiser’s Edge, the internet and social networking for business endeavors.
- Availability for occasional work during evenings and weekends.
- Availability for occasional work away from regular office location