Saint Joseph School is a welcoming and caring Catholic school located on the edge of East Nashville.
Our school community is proud of our rich history that spans more than seven decades and serves 283 students ages 2-14. Saint Joseph School employs highly qualified faculty and staff. Our school provides some of the most cutting edge options in technology, while also focusing on classical education in a Catholic, Christian environment. Saint Joseph School is an inclusive environment where educators seek to develop moral, social, academic, and global awareness skills.
St. Joseph School and Church is seeking a Director of Development and Advancement who is highly motivated, personable, and a team player who is also able to work well independently. The successful candidate will be proficient in all forms of communication as well as has a strong conviction for Catholic Education.
The Director of Development & Advancement is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for St. Joseph School’s ongoing enrollment, funding, marketing, and community engagement. The Director will work hand-in-hand with senior leadership at Saint Joseph Church & School to create a supportive environment for school and parish growth. Areas of focus will include but not be limited to the following:
- Responsible for planning, developing and executing all development/advancement activities for St. Joseph School. Coordinate with the Director of Stewardship for church development activities.
- Write and execute an annual Strategic Development Plan with specific fundraising performance goals and budget, to be approved by the Principal, School Board and Business Manager.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive and goal-oriented Annual Fund giving program for St. Joseph School in collaboration with the Principal, School Board and Business Manager.
- Develop, coordinate and implement fundraising events with the HSA (Home & School Association)
- Responsible for development of a student recruitment and admissions process, including development of a comprehensive long-term plan to manage and boost student enrollment in conjunction with SJS senior leadership and key volunteers.
- Planning, managing, executing school marketing efforts designed to recruit and retain students which could include open houses, campus visits and tours, registration, promotion, and marketing materials.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop a marketing/outreach plan for St. Joseph Church for parishioners and the local community.
- Collaborate with Principal, HSA president and other key stakeholders and volunteers in developing a Comprehensive Marketing and Communication plan to inform and inspire the school community.
- Coordinate appropriate communications with all parts of the church and school community including religious, administration, faculty, staff, parishioners, alumni, sponsors and foundations regarding the activities and progress of the development/advancement program.
- Oversee all social media platforms and utilize them to further the Church and School missions and goals. Manage the school and church websites.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive constituent relations program, including: parents, alumnae, parents of alumnae, grandparents, parishioners and friends of St. Joseph School, ensuring recognition/cultivation activity is taking place for each constituency on an annual basis.
- Develop donor relationships, corporate and foundation relationships programs to maintain connection and communication with key investments in St. Joseph School.
- Work closely with Home & School Association,
- Coordinate with the Church Director of Stewardship and Stewardship Committee
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a relevant field
- Three to five years of professional Advancement, Development, or Marketing experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity of a Catholic parish and school environment preferred
- Ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, alumni, donors, school administration, parish councils, parishioners and community organizations
- Ability to maintain clear, accurate records and prepare accurate and timely reports
- Willingness and ability to travel locally
- Excellent technological skills and experience with managing social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Highly self-directed with an attention to detail and ability to organize effectively