For over 80 years, Christ the King School has partnered with parents, our parish, and the community to serve God and educate students within the Catholic tradition of faith, academic excellence, love, and service. The school, located at 3105 Belmont Blvd. in Nashville, is a Pre-Kindergarten (4) through 8th Grade school with a history of academic excellence and a strong Catholic identity. We are seeking an experienced individual with strong interpersonal skills, excellent written, verbal, and digital communication abilities, and a commitment to support the formation of children by serving as Director of Development. The position is part or full-time, is year-round, and reports to the school Principal.
The Development Director’s purpose is to maximize philanthropic support for institutional priorities. His/her primary focus is to identify, prioritize, project plan, and manage donor development activities as well as identify and execute a focused donor outreach program aimed at prospective school donors. The expectation is the Director will retain and upgrade donors as well as acquire new ones. With the Principal and School Board, the Director will identify and articulate key funding priorities that will resonate with donor/prospective donor interests as well as develop and implement ongoing strategies for generating philanthropic support.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a related field such as non- or for-profit marketing, public relations, management, or business.
- Prior supervisory experience for directing/supervising volunteers
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exemplary written, verbal, and digital communication ability
- Experience with fundraising database management software
- Ability to manage time in midst of completing multiple tasks
- Self-starter and motivated to explore different development strategies
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team
- Personal values and beliefs that support the Catholic faith tradition
- Develop and execute Christ the King School’s annual fundraising plan, including communication through print and social media, related to annual giving and corporate sponsorship development
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Assist parent volunteers with the fundraising aspects of A Crown Affair, the school’s largest fundraising event
- Manage data entry and gift processing within the school’s fundraising database
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with parishioners at Christ the King
- Act as a liaison between parent volunteers and school administration
- Developing and tracking all fundraising reporting to Principal and School Board
- Work with Director of Advancement and Principal to develop social media strategies and campaigns targeting both development goals, admissions and retention, and general marketing needs.
Compensation is commensurate with track record and experience; eligible for Diocese of Nashville benefits such as medical, dental, vision, pension, and retirement matching.
Date posted: December 1, 2021
Date available: January 10, 2022
For more details regarding primary duties and responsibilities, or to apply for the position, please email your questions or resume to email@example.com with the subject line: Development Director Position.