Saint Rose of Lima in Murfreesboro, Tennessee seeks qualified candidates for Director of Liturgical Music and Organist. Under the supervision of the pastor, the Director of Liturgical Music and Organist oversees the music program of the parish, including: arranging for music for all parish Masses and other services; playing and directing at certain Masses; recruiting, training, and scheduling musicians (both volunteer and paid); developing choirs; preparing liturgy resources; overseeing budget and payments; and overseeing maintenance of the organ and other resources.
- Support for the mission of the Catholic Church and Saint Rose of Lima Parish.
- Commitment to a life of holiness, including a vigorous prayer and sacramental life.
- Ability to plan and execute music as director and organist.
- Ability to promote the music program within the parish and community.
- Commitment to the Catholic moral, intellectual, and sacramental life.
- Schedule flexibility to work weekends and nights.
- Ability to inspire a vision for the parish music program and to work with parishioners.
- Computer skills for work processing, office publishing, spreadsheet and data management, internet, and social networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of music or liturgy.
- 1-3 years of experience in Catholic parish music ministry.
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and list of three references to Amy Swartz, Director of Stewardship and Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org