Holy Family is a Catholic Church of the Diocese of Nashville, TN located in Brentwood, TN. We are a vibrant, active community that offers a variety of ways to become engaged in the Catholic faith, help the community, and join social groups. Being centered in Christ and nurtured by the Eucharist, our covenant is to extend Christ’s compassion and peace to all. The mission of Holy Family Catholic Church is to be a loving and joy-filled Catholic community of faith, dedicated to the growth of God’s kingdom and living of the Gospel. We are committed to spiritual development through prayer, education, worship, and service.
Mission of the Communications Director
The responsibility of the Director of Marketing Communications and Digital Strategy will be to reach the parishioners of Holy Family and other Catholics in the Brentwood area through a variety of avenues, both digitally and through print. The successful candidate should be a content creator and digital storyteller. Now more than ever it is important to communicate to our Holy Family “family” in every way possible. It is our goal to make Holy Family a second home for our families.
- Serve as content manager for our online presence including website and social media.
- Optimize website design to increase ease of navigation, mobile responsiveness, and better accessibility.
- Ensure that the Holy Family brand stays consistent and cohesive in all projects.
- Edit and submit the weekly bulletin to be printed for the congregation each week.
- Create weekly email announcements as well as Sunday Mass announcements. Maintain prayer chain communications.
- Answer/redirect emails directed to a general email box from inquiring parishioners.
- Collaborate with ministry leaders to design digital and print marketing materials for new and recurring events for promotion via all communication channels.
- Design recurring print projects such as the annual report, calendar, funeral programs, and postcards for direct mailings.
- Coordinate weekly giving envelope design with regards to special collection dates.
- Manage the Holy Family social media accounts by creating and scheduling new content for parishioners each day, as well as answering any questions or comments.
- Track and analyze the effectiveness of communication strategies and campaigns. Provide regular reports on key metrics, insights, and recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor trends and explore innovative ways to reach and engage with the congregation and the community.
- Collaborate with ministry leaders to design and promote their events through flyers, bulletins, emails, announcements, and social media.
- Assist the Director of Parish Engagement for the annual Season of Stewardship, the Parish Fun Fest, and to maintain the parish database.
- Develop and maintain mobile app
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Advertising, a similar field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in digital and print design.
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, and CSS.
- A readiness to learn new applications, seek better solutions, and adapt to new technology.
- Knowledge of business accounts for social media platforms.
- Experience with photography.
- Copywriting ability, with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with videography, Adobe Premiere, and After Effects are a plus.
- Experience with email marketing is a plus.
- Knowledge of UX design is a plus.
The Director of Marketing and Digital Strategy position is salaried; commensurate with experience and is full-time. The duties of the job are performed in the Parish Office. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; Monday – Friday. Position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; short and long-term disability; 403(b) with employer match; and will participate in the Diocesan Lay Benefit Pension Plan. Standard paid holidays and vacation pay apply.