NELC is a preschool for children ages 2-5 at The Catholic Church of the Nativity. NELC is in their 3rd school year. Currently the center has three classrooms but with a growing enrollment more classrooms will be added. NELC is seeking a candidate for the position of Director. The position is full time with a typical work week of Monday-Friday with some need to work on evenings and weekends. The schedule can be flexible based on the needs of the program and the parish. This position reports to Father Jerry Strange, Pastor of The Catholic Church of the Nativity.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee daily operations and administration of the program
- Staff recruitment, supervision, formation, support and evaluation
- Communicate with families
- Create program curriculum
- Program advertising and fundraising
- Work with church staff, State of TN and Dioceses of Nashville
- Roman Catholic in good standing
- A degree in early childhood or elementary education
- Appropriate self-knowledge and ability to share the Catholic faith
- Commitment to the mission of the program and church
- Ability to work within parish and state structures and policies
- Ability to work collaboratively and without direct supervision with staff, volunteers, parents, and students
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritize and be flexible
- Proficient computer skills in the use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, or similar products
- Effective communication skills, specifically writing, teaching and speaking
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed for the work required
NELC offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience. All candidates comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies and procedures.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.