The Faith Formation Office and Event Coordinator works closely with members of the Faith Formation Offices to ensure that they accomplish their goals as part of the diocesan initiative to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, welcoming all. This partnership is between members of the Youth and Young Adult Office, Marriage and Family Office, Office of Catechesis, and Hispanic Formation. The coordinator will serve as logistical support and in the execution of projects and events, not limited to conferences and other ministry programs. Additionally, the Office and Event Coordinator will be responsible for administrative duties, such as those pertaining to finances, managing digital and printed files, and serving as an office representative. The ideal candidate must be a personable, forward-thinking individual who excels at multitasking and has a passion for ministry.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE
- Communicates and promotes events through social media, emails, and office newsletters under the direction of the Associate Director and the Director of Faith Formation.
- Prepares materials for Hispanic formation.
- Prepares financial documentation: check requests, deposits, credit card reports, expense reports.
- Works under the direction of the Associate Director of Faith Formation and supports the Assistant Directors in various office initiatives including but not limited to Holy Fire, SEALED Confirmation Retreat, Catechetical Conference, Rite of Election, World Marriage Day, Engaged Couples Retreat, and Professional Ministry Gatherings.
- Prepares, plans, and facilitates the Totus Tuus summer program.
- Recruit missionaries and assists with the interviewing and selection of missionaries.
- Assembles all program materials and curriculum for missionaries.
- Coordinates all details regarding Missionary training week.
- Organizes a retreat for Totus Tuus missionaries.
- Maintain contact with all parish ministry leaders with information including but not limited to t-shirt orders and sales, missionary lodging and meals, team details, and scheduling updates.
- Plan kick-off and wrap-up dinner
- Accompany missionaries throughout the summer, making multiple parish visits.
- Provide weekly updates to the Assistant Director of Catechesis throughout the planning and facilitation process.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Associate Director and the Director of the Office of Faith Formation.
- A practicing Catholic, with strong knowledge and understanding of Catholic teachings and practices
- College education preferred
- Organizational and project management experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Availability for evening or weekend hours as necessary
- Proficiencies with basic computer programs as well as iMovie and Adobe Photoshop
- Possess an understanding of graphic design principles
Multi-tasking, communication, organization, teamwork, flexibility, time efficiency, understanding of basic design principles
To apply, visit: