St. Cecilia Academy is seeking a dynamic and innovative educator be the Head Coach for the award winning Robotics Program which participates in FIRST and FTC (First Tech Challenge) competition. The team meets after school and competes on weekends (It is not a class that meets during school hours.)
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the physical sciences
- Experience with Onshape or similar computer aided design software, 3D printing, Arduino or similar microcontroller, and basic knowledge of robotics. Knowledge of FIRST or VEX Robotics program is a plus but not required.
- Ability to design and conduct innovative and challenging laboratory activities, teach with an engaging classroom style, and appeal to the learning styles of a diverse and extremely talented group of girls.
- Basic understanding of programming language of Java, Python or C++ is plus or at least experience with teaching blockly coding.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Organize practices for the varsity Ladybots and assist Junior coach with the JV team as needed
- Train students in CAD & 3D printing and design.
- Train students on the safe use of tools and safety procedures.
- Teach team members the engineering design process in order to design, build, code, and troubleshoot a competitive robot.
- Work with individual teams (build, coding, and management) set their goals for the season.
- Meet with leadership team once a week to develop a mentor program between the Ladybots and the Lil’ bots.
- Provide guidance for engineering notebook.
- Work with outside mentors that can assist with design, marketing and coding ideas with students.
- Develop and continue to grow sponsorship to pay for the robotics program.
- Maintain budget and work with suppliers for parts.
- Stay up to date on new technology, and coding in relationship to robotics, includes taking online coding class and CAD classes.
- Organize and transport the team to the various kickoff and training events throughout the year. (Often times the Ladybots are asked to give training sessions to other robotics teams.)
- Oversee robotics scrimmage at St. Cecilia Academy for the state of Tennessee.
Start Date: August 1, 2022
St. Cecilia Academy is a private all-girls Catholic school for grades 7-12. It is owned and operated by the Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation. The school is located on The Dominican Campus at 4210 Harding Road, which is also home to Overbrook School and Aquinas College. Founded in 1860, St. Cecilia Academy ennobles young women, equips them to excel, and inspires them to lead lives of integrity.
Contact: Submit resume, cover letter, and online application to:
Rae Lee Anglin
St. Cecilia Academy
4210 Harding Road
Nashville, TN 37205