The Hispanic Media Manager is a talented, nimble storyteller for the Diocese of Nashville. This position is responsible for creating content for NashvilleCatólico.org, Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and other media platforms that engage and evangelize Spanish-speaking members of the Catholic community in the Diocese of Nashville, helping to connect Catholics to their local parish, the diocese, the U.S. Church, and to the Universal Church.
Working closely with members of the content team and the digital team under the leadership of the Director of Digital Media, this position is the lead voice and expert for identifying and creating content that resonates with the growing Hispanic Catholic community in Middle Tennessee. The Hispanic Media Manager produces content for a range of digital platforms and mediums, including websites, podcasts, email, social media, and video streaming.
As a member of the Office of Media & Evangelization, the Hispanic Media Manager strives to connect both the faithful and the unformed to the beauty, truth, and goodness of the Roman Catholic Church and the excellent works and beliefs of the faith via top-quality content and creative, engaging storytelling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Researches, composes, and produces stories in Spanish and English, as assigned for publication on NashvilleCatólico.org (a diocesan Spanish language website) and for distribution via other diocesan media channels and platforms. Stories will include, but are not limited to, profiles of parishes, priests, and lay leaders; in-depth stories about Latin-American Marian devotions; preparation for large-scale feast day celebrations, such as Via Crucis and Our Lady of Guadalupe; and coverage of issues affecting Hispanic Catholic communities.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads news releases for local Hispanic media and national wire service. Produces minimum viable product for regular video/audio distribution on social media platforms.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads email newsletters, video and audio scripts, social media posts, and other marketing and promotional pieces to engage the Hispanic community.
- Proofreads own assignments to detect and correct errors.
- Under the direction of the Digital Media Director, ensures stories and other content are accurate, well composed, and meet the needs of the audience according to the content strategy.
- Captures photos and video for social accounts and other communication and outreach efforts.
- Creates, edit, and produce short- and long-form videos.
- Captures audio material for use in podcasts and streaming.
- Attends and reports on diocesan and parish events, requiring some evening and weekend work.
- Proposes ideas, topics, and subjects to enhance coverage of the Hispanic community in diocesan media.
- Meets publication and social media deadlines .
- Responds to and engages with the Catholic community on social media, including sharing responsibility for writing social media posts and captions.
- Works with the Director of Digital Media to produce and schedule content via an online content management platform.
- Adheres to the style and production guidelines for all traditional and digital media of the diocese. Effectively implements the content strategy and follows the editorial direction provided by the Managing Editor & Director of Content.
- Ensures that diocesan content and media meet high journalistic standards and ethics, reflect the teachings of the Catholic Church, and reflect the views of the Bishop of Nashville.
- Writes news releases and communication pieces for the diocese that target Hispanic Catholic communities in Middle Tennessee.
- Keeps abreast of local, state, national, and international news. Presents Catholic teaching in a manner that is accurate and responsible.
- Stays up to date with trends and developments in digital storytelling and multimedia production.
- Develops and maintains relationships with pastors, parish staff, diocesan officials, and the general public to aid coverage of events and programs in the Diocese of Nashville.
- Supports internal communication activities for the benefit of parishes, churches, and missions with active Hispanic Catholic congregations.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert for parishes and ministries within the diocese in need of specialized support.
- Proofreads and edits articles in Spanish, adhering to publication standards and utilizing house style guidelines.
- Maintains high standards of accuracy, accountability, and integrity.
- Uses and maintains a global digital asset management system for storing and retrieving visual assets.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Digital Media.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, media production, English, or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in marketing and communications field.
- Proficient photographer required.
- Proficient videographer preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Computer skills to include MS Word software or Google Docs applications required.
- Practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge and firm understanding of Catholic teaching and the ability to apply this knowledge to news coverage and storytelling.
- Prior experience in Catholic communications or media organization preferred.
- Experience with a digital newsroom preferred, including familiarity with digital content management and project management systems.
- Willingness to learn and become proficient in content and asset management systems and stakeholder databases required.
- Full bilingual proficiency in Spanish and English required.
- Possess exceptional interviewing and writing skills to communicate effectively with an audience.
- Proficient in the use of digital photography and video equipment, including DSLR cameras and smartphones.
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work within fast-paced deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its beliefs, practices, and structures.
- Ability to uphold style rules and implement standards across a variety of traditional and digital media.
- Experience with multi-channel content planning and management.
- Thorough understanding of traditional and digital communication platforms and their norms.
- Creative mindset, adaptability, and the ability to collaborate effectively with a team.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel within the Diocese of Nashville (approximately 50%). Ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
To apply, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/2232342