A full-time paid staff position reporting to the Director of Youth ministry and the Director of Religious Education. The applicant must have the ability to work with a team, exhibit strong organization skills, proficient in relational ministry, and willing and able to attend offsite events.
Religious Education Responsibilities:
- Facilitate curriculum approved by the Director of Religious Education
- Attend weekly planning meetings with RE team
- Fill in as schedule permits to teach RE classes (6-8th grade only) on an as-needed basis
- Active role in planning and helping to facilitate a Confirmation retreat and collaborate with HFAM Lead to recruit teen small group leaders
- Participate in VBS as needed
- Assist RE team as needed to find Catechists to lead our program on Sunday nights.
Youth Ministry Responsibilities:
- Organize monthly social and service projects under the direction of the Director of Youth Ministry
- Organize a yearly retreat for 6-8th graders under the direction of the Director of Youth Ministry
- Attend and help organize (including recruitment of participants) the summer mission trip
- Send schedules and announcements for weekly e-mails to the Director of Youth Ministry
- Run the Ignite social media accounts which include our Instagram
- Attend weekly meetings with the Director of Youth Ministry to discuss plans for outreach and other creative ways to meet our middle schoolers where they are
- Communicate information to the Director of Youth Ministry that needs to be included in parish e-mails, bulletin, and cantor announcements on a weekly basis
- Work through a rotating schedule of Mass times: be present at either 8:30am, 11 am or 5:30pm Mass on Sundays (excluding Christmas and Easter)
- Be a Youth Ministry team player willing to coordinate and share ideas with HFAM Lead and be a core team member, when time permits, with the HFAM group (i.e., attending HFAM fall retreat/ other big events they have)
- Help facilitate and attend Wednesday night Youth Ministry activities
- Help engage our adult volunteers, recruit new adult volunteers as needed, and help foster a community among them
- Work offsite, including but not limited to, attending school functions (plays, sports games, etc.)
- Assist with planning and executing fundraisers for our Youth Ministry program
The IGNITE Lead position is salaried; commensurate with experience and is full-time. The duties of the job are performed in the Parish Office and may require some local travel to various school functions. This Position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance; short and long-term disability; 403(b) with employer match; and will participate in the Diocesan Lay Benefit Pension Plan. Standard paid holidays and vacation pay apply.