Reports to: Director of Development for Overbrook School and St. Cecilia Academy
Description: The Manager of Community Events is an integral member of the Advancement teams of both Overbrook School (OS) and St. Cecilia Academy (SCA). This position supports the two schools by successfully coordinating and implementing community-building, fundraising, donor, and alumni/ae cultivation events. The Manager works collaboratively with the Director of Development, SCA Alumnae Director, and OS and SCA advancement team members.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Lead and execute all aspects of assigned school and campus community events.
- Provide support, direction, and coordination for Overbrook School’s Parent Association-hosted events, including fundraising and community-building activities like the Overbrook Classic, spring dinner and auction, and mother/son and father/daughter events.
- Serve as a key advancement team member in executing donor cultivation events.
- Engage, support, and manage volunteers.
- Seek sponsorships and other donations related to events.
- Coordinate marketing and graphic design needs for events.
- Work with the advancement services staff to ensure proper and timely stewardship, gift accounting, reporting, and acknowledgment before and after events.
- Recommend and implement initiatives to better enhance community relations.
- Prepare analysis reports and data on events.
- Provide general support for advancement activities.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- This is a full-time, 12-month position. Hours will vary based on needs and events.
- An openness to the teachings of the Catholic Church and the Christ-centered work of Catholic schools
- Commitment in word and action to the mission and values of Overbrook School and St. Cecilia Academy, schools owned and operated by the Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia
- A., B.S. or equivalent degree
- Three to five years of experience in development, communications/marketing, non-profit, volunteer management, or related work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A working knowledge of the psychology, principles and techniques of personal solicitation and volunteer recruitment and management
- Results-oriented with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Models a strong work ethic and self-discipline, with excellent attention to detail
- Possesses good judgment, professionalism, and a commitment to maintaining strict confidentiality
- A demonstrated ability to be flexible and work independently as well as a member of a team
- Displays willingness to grow professionally and take on increased responsibilities as the advancement office expands
- Ability to attend after-hours events
- Familiarity with computerized data management programs and their application in a development setting
- Experience with Raiser's Edge a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of social media in advancing the missions of both schools
Start Date: August 1, 2022
St. Cecilia Academy is a private all-girls Catholic school for grades 7-12. It is owned and operated by the Dominican Sisters of the St. Cecilia Congregation. The school is located on The Dominican Campus at 4210 Harding Road, which is also home to Overbrook School and Aquinas College. Founded in 1860, St. Cecilia Academy ennobles young women, equips them to excel, and inspires them to lead lives of integrity.