Sacred Heart is seeking a Principal candidate who can build up this strong Southern Tennessee community with a rich history of serving its community and providing a strong Christ-centered education to its students.
Sacred Heart School is in southern Lawrence County, in Loretto, TN. It serves grades Pre-K through 8th grades and has an enrollment of 84 students. The school is a part of Sacred Heart Parish in Loretto and also serves Saint Joseph Parish in St. Joseph, TN. Pre-K and Kindergarten are self-contained, while all other classrooms contain combined grades; 1st/2nd, 3rd/4th, 5th/6th, and 7th/8th. Students in grades 5-8 swap classes and have multiple teachers so that we can best meet the needs of our students by utilizing teachers in their strongest subject matters. We currently serve about 65% Catholic and 35% Non-Catholic Students.
- Academic Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the school, including all aspects of teaching and learning, curriculum, and assessment.
- Student Life: Ensure healthy, diverse, and Christ-centered engaging co-curricular programs and activities.
- Spiritual Formation: In partnership with the pastor, ensure the development and expression of faith in the community through its integration in both classrooms and co-curricular programs.
- Mission Alignment: In partnership with the parish, be a guiding presence to ensure that the school lives out its mission and vision daily.
- Community Engagement: Promote a culture of academic excellence and student support by serving as a visible presence and effective counsel to faculty and families.
- Professional Growth: Foster and encourage a culture of faculty growth and oversee the annual process of teacher goal setting and evaluation.
- General Leadership: Serve as an active, engaged, and collaborative member of the administrative team, run the daily operations of the school as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
The most competitive candidates will offer most or all of the following qualifications and qualities:
- A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic Church’s teachings.
- A visionary with energy and a commitment to create a strong parish school rooted in our Catholic tradition.
- Familiarity and experience with diocesan-school relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with inspiration and clarity.
- A master’s degree in education administration or an equivalent degree
- Demonstrated successful experience as a Catholic school leader is preferred.
Candidates will need to submit the following materials:
- A cover letter expressing their interest in this position.
- A current resume.