The Diocese of Nashville seeks qualified candidates for a reporter to work with the Editor in Chief and Managing Editor. This is a full-time position researching, composing stories and making photographs for publication on www.tennesseeregister.com and in the Tennessee Register. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours with the occasional evening and weekend assignments.
- Researches and composes stories for the publication as assigned by the supervisor, as well as suggests subjects for stories.
- Accurately gathers information and organizes it into stories that conform to the style of the Tennessee Register and meets the deadlines for publication.
- Works with the Editor in Chief and Managing Editor to ensure that stories are well composed and meet the needs of the paper.
- Makes quality photographs for publication.
- Assists with production of the website and newspaper as assigned.
- Attends diocesan events, which requires working some evenings or weekends, in order to produce stories for publication.
- Regular work attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Managing Editor or Editor in Chief
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English or Journalism preferred.
- Photography skills required.
- Computer skills to include MS Word software or Google Docs applications required.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Possesses a thorough command of the English language.
- Ability to apply style rules of the newspaper.
- Ability to work within publication deadlines.
- Thorough understanding of the Catholic Church, its beliefs, practices, and structures.
- Prior experience working with newspapers or other publications helpful.
- Prior experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud Software helpful.
This position includes a competitive salary, based upon qualifications and experience, and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter of introduction and a resume that includes at least three references to email@example.com