Saint Joseph School is a welcoming and caring Catholic school located on the edge of East Nashville. Our school community is proud of our rich history that spans more than seven decades and serves 283 students ages 2-14. Saint Joseph School employs highly qualified faculty and staff. Saint Joseph School is an inclusive environment where educators seek to develop moral, social, academic, and global awareness skills.
Saint Joseph School seeks energetic, experienced and certified teachers to join our staff. We are looking for committed teachers to complement our qualified workforce of educators. Candidates will be responsible for preparing and implementing a full educational teaching plan according to the school’s requirements. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students while also helping them develop their personalities and skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning a fun, rewarding, and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments )
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents, and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings, events, etc. as necessary
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending training, seminars, conferences etc.
- MUST hold a valid TN teaching license or be able to acquire
- Proven experience as a teacher or experience with children
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines, partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alone but must thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
- Degree in teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate/state
To apply please send a cover letter stating your intent to work as a teacher at St. Joseph School, along with a complete and professional resume to Principal Amy Lavender at email@example.com.