Job Title: Social Media Specialist and Production Assistant
Department: Office of Media and Evangelization
Reports To: Director of Outreach and Engagement
Supports the digital marketing and communications efforts of the Office of Media and Evangelization (OME). Coordinates diocesan efforts in spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ to the people of Middle Tennessee and beyond. Produces content and collateral; develops and executes campaigns; directs the dissemination of content and materials at the diocesan and parish or school level; and manages the tone, style, and proactive messaging of the Bishop of Nashville. Strives to connects both the faithful and the uninformed to the beauty, truth, and goodness of the Roman Catholic Church and the excellent works and beliefs of the faith via digital mediums like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, livestreaming, Snapchat, TikTok, and similar platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Coordinates the social media presence of the Diocese of Nashville, the Bishop of Nashville, and all entities within the diocese.
2. Evaluates the success of campaigns and ongoing activities. Assesses performance-to-goal and regularly reports on social media performance to OME leadership and internal stakeholders.
3. Collaborates with in-house designers and web creators, as well as contractors, to produce best-in-class materials and content.
4. Ensures projects meet expectations for quality, timeliness, and effectiveness.
5. Assists the Office of Development in the rollout of media for the Bishop’s Annual Appeal for Ministries and other initiatives.
6. Develops relationships with staff in diocesan offices across the nation to build a network of learning and sharing among Catholic digital media professionals.
7. Makes presentations to staff and functional leaders across the diocese to support media operations and high-quality execution for diocesan entities.
8. Provides “in-the-moment” digital coverage of major Catholic events, connecting the faithful of Middle Tennessee to real-time activities in parishes, in schools, and around the world.
9. Provides on-site support for Catholic celebrations and major diocesan events.
10. Facilitates technology and media usage—specific to marketing, communications, and media goals—at the Catholic Pastoral Center and in parishes, when appropriate.
11. Assists in the production of digital assets, including radio recordings, podcasts, videos, and graphics.
12. Creates and coordinates multimedia packages. Schedules and develops filming scripts and video productions.
13. Stays up to date on best practices and methods of innovative evangelization through, but not limited to, research, participation in seminars and workshops, and networking at the national, regional, or diocesan level among media professionals.
14. Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market and in the industry. Identifies need for new products, services, strategies, and tactics and makes recommendations to leadership.
15. Gathers and analyzes information to identify new audience segments, new platforms, and new tactics.
16. Gathers and analyzes information on the efficacy of social media campaigns, strategies, and other activities within the OME, as appropriate.
17. Assists with budget preparation for the Office of Media and Evangelization.
18. Other related duties, as assigned.
1. Action Oriented taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
2. Collaborates building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
3. Global Perspective taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
4. Cultivates Innovation creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
5. Nimble Learning actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
6. Tech Savvy anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, social media, or equivalent.
2. Minimum three years of experience in a social media role. Experience with nonprofit or religious organization preferred.
3. High proficiency in social media platforms, best practice, and measurement, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, livestreaming, Snapchat, and TikTok.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
5. Prior experience working with production teams preferred.
6. Graphic design experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
2. Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder needs simultaneously.
3. Ability to articulate Catholic theology in a way that is accessible to a broad audience. Evangelical fervor and catechetical strength preferred.
4. Analytical and creative thinker who can problem solve, work independently, and exercise good judgment under pressure.
5. Ability to travel within the Diocese of Nashville (approximately 30%).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.