St. Philip Catholic Church, located in historic downtown Franklin, TN, about 20 miles south of Nashville, is a well-established parish of over 1,800 families with a talented and energetic staff. They are seeking candidates for the position of part-time Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Lead for the St. Philip Learning Center (SPLC).
The mission of the St. Philip Learning Center is to provide a positive, nurturing environment where our students will grow in social, intellectual and spiritual development while fostering a love for Christ and His Church.
Area of Responsibility
The SPLC CGS Teacher works as a Co-Teacher with and under the direction of the Director to implement Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. This position is part time, 6-12 hours per week, depending on the needs of the SPLC and reports to the Director of the St. Philip Learning Center.
- A minimum of one year experience working with children in an atrium
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd training/certification
- Montessori certification is a plus
- Must have a basic understanding and acceptance of the mission statement of St Philip Learning Center, goals and objectives.
- Must have a basic understanding of child development and the Montessori philosophy of education.
- Must be able to implement Positive Discipline methods and use them effectively.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with a variety of people as well as the Director and staff of SPLC, the Pastor and other St Philip parish staff.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Communication, organization, problem solving, planning, creativity/innovation, conflict resolution
St. Philip offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience. All candidates must satisfactorily complete a criminal background screen and comply with Diocesan Safe Environment policies.
Posting Date: 07/01/2022
Date Available: August 2022