Provides day to day fiscal services and is specifically responsible for accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and bank reconciliations for the school.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Posts receipts to the general ledger.
- Receives invoices for payment and enters into general ledger.
- Prepares check requests and issues checks to vendors.
- Records entries into ledger system in a timely fashion to ensure current status.
- Processes payroll in Paylocity according to established standards and procedures accurately and timely.
- Prepares end of fiscal year financial reports for school for submission to Diocese.
- Prepares quarterly and end of year statements of giving. Mails to donors for income tax purposes.
- Gathers financial information in order to assist the Board of Trustees and Principal in preparing the annual budget.
- Ensures that personnel records are maintained accurately and confidentially according to legal requirements.
- Posts donor contributions into the system weekly. Works with development director to ensure donor intent is met.
- Submits approved budget to Diocese no later than June 15th.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal and Board of Trustees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Prefer candidate with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- High School or equivalent and three (3) years of bookkeeping experience may be substituted for Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer operations, particularly internet, e-mail, Word, and Excel.
- Prefer candidate with Financial Edge
- Prefer candidate with familiarity with payroll processing. Paylocity payroll experience desirable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize.
- Capable of performing accurate, detailed work.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church.
- Flexibility of scheduling for occasional evening meetings.
- Regular work attendance.
- Willingness to submit to criminal background screening.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.