Catholic Charities has an opening for the position of Support Specialist in its Refugee and Immigration Services Department. This position is full-time and based at the Catholic Pastoral Center at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Support Specialist performs administrative tasks and related duties in support of clients and department. Daily activities include answering phone calls and emails, maintaining client financial records and case files, requesting and tracking financial disbursements on behalf of clients, creating and submitting vouchers, data entry, monitoring of client arrivals and processing family reunification (AOR) applications. The Support Specialist is a member of the support staff team and assists other members as needed. The Support Specialist also serves as back-up to the Safe Release Specialist in performing digital fingerprint screenings for sponsors and related data entry.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and two years general office experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge skills and abilities
- Superior computer skills including knowledge of Excel (create spreadsheets, sort, drop down menus, formulas, look up tables, etc.) and proficiency in Office 365 applications.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish required.
- Experience working across cultures
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism
- Must be accurate, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction
- Must possess superior listening skills and be patient
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
Competitive salary with excellent benefits package.
Catholic Charities of Tennessee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with disabilities will not be discriminated against because of their disability. EEO/VEVRAA prohibits discrimination of protected veterans under Section 503.
Please e-mail resume to: Debbie Kincheloe, Support Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or fax to 615-259-2851.