Father Ryan seeks a faithful Roman Catholic who is creative, enthusiastic, and well-versed in the core subject area and current pedagogy. The candidate should provide support to the instructional process by serving as a teacher with specific responsibility for supervising students, developing lesson plans and delivering group instruction within established curriculum guidelines, collaborating with colleagues, and responding to a wide range of inquiries from various stakeholders regarding the instructional program and student progress. The candidate should possess excellent writing and communication skills, an ability and desire to work collaboratively, and a familiarity with technologies standard in the educational profession. Candidates should also expect extra-curricular duties to be assigned to them, and should include areas in which they could moderate clubs or coach.
The most qualified candidates should:
- Have a degree in theology from an accredited university;
- Have a minimum of three years of teaching experience;
- Accept and support the values and principles of Catholic education within the mission of the Church, in an atmosphere of trust, mutual respect, and integrity;
- Direct and evaluate the learning experiences of students in curricular, co-curricular, and extracurricular activities;
- Act as an engaged House System member and be an effective Mentor Group Leader;
- Provide students with appropriate academic guidance that will promote their proper educational welfare;
- Cooperate and participate in the planning and evaluation of the school program;
- Follow the school curriculum guides and diocesan mandates for curriculum;
- Take part in the professional development program of the school;
- Maintain cordial relationships with colleagues;
- Follow the ethics of the profession;
- Create a classroom environment that recognizes and respects the value of each student, while exercising appropriate classroom management;
- Work in partnership with parents in the ongoing process of educating their child.