The Vocations Office Coordinator facilitates and supports the work of the Office of Vocations, including the Director of Vocations and the Assistant Director of the Office of Vocations, in the promotion, evaluation, processing and formation of vocations to the priesthood and the permanent diaconate for the Diocese of Nashville. The coordinator assists in managing the day-to-day operations of the Office of Vocations, especially those in the Spanish language if possible. This is a full-time benefits-eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Office Logistics, Marketing and Communications
- Aids the Assistant Director of the Office of Vocations in managing the regular communications of the Office of Vocations:
- Serves as a liaison between the Director of Vocations, the Assistant Director of the Office of Vocations and the public, especially with Spanish speakers if possible.
- Communicates decisions made by the Office of Vocations to appropriate parties and interfaces and communicates with members of the clergy throughout the diocese and beyond.
- Assists in scheduling a high volume of appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of annual initiatives, activities, events and communications.
- Arranges and hosts workshops and other events sponsored by the department, as needed.
- Plans special events for the department and meetings when necessary.
- Assists with the coordination of all Permanent Deacon Formation weekends, especially with Spanish speaking cohort if possible, logistics and transportation, lodging, catering, scheduling, coordination with affiliated seminary and review. On site management of weekends.
- Planning and coordination of future office initiatives such as St. Andrew’s Dinners, Master Server program, Dinners with the Bishop, and Quo Vadis Days for all prospective seminarians, especially our primarily Spanish speakers if possible.
- Aids the Assistant Director of the Office of Vocation with ongoing development and maintenance of vocations website including but not limited to: HIPPA compliance, web-design and selection, analytics and response to data collection, monitoring of traffic, security, and creation of new material.
- Prepares correspondence or drafts a response for Director’s review, especially in Spanish if possible.
- Produces office mailings and distributes materials to departmental committees, boards, teams, faculties, and other bodies.
- Aids the Assistant Director of the Office Vocations in monitoring and responding to all questions and comments on Office of Vocations media platforms, especially in Spanish if possible.
- Monitors and reports on social media profiles for all seminarians, especially in Spanish if possible.
- Manages varied projects and procedures within the department.
- Prepare reports by collecting, assembling and analyzing data. (i.e.: social media ad performance, website analytics, Office of Vocations monthly impact report)
- If possible, aids in the creation and design of marketing materials for the Office of Vocations, especially in Spanish.
- Produces content for multimedia platforms, especially in Spanish.
- Scripting and music selection
- Logistics and coordination of film and recording productions
- Primary editor for all productions
- Cataloging the end design for all content allowing for multi-platform use.
- Designs and creates social media content for the Office of Vocations, especially in Spanish if possible.
- Researches and prepares grants/scholarships for seminarians of the Diocese of Nashville.
- Prepares expense reports and invoice payments for four cost centers.
- Prepare personal reimbursements for all seminarians and deacon candidates.
- Aids in the preparation of the annual budget and supporting documents for ministry plan.
- Maintains confidential personnel files for all applicants and candidates for both the seminary and deacon formation programs, especially for primarily Spanish speakers if possible.
- Maintains an accurate filing system for heavy volume of correspondence and reports.
- If possible, translates and maintains all Spanish-language electronic seminarian and permanent deacon applications through secure platform and uploads for nashvocations.org.
- Regular monitoring and transferring of electronic application components.
- Safe Environment maintenance/administration for all applicants and candidates for both the seminary and deacon formation programs, especially Spanish speakers if possible.
- Evaluation and assistance with benefits management for all seminarian candidates.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED required, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience in office and/or administrative work.
- High level of proficiency in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and utmost discretion in all matters.
- Ability to make independent decisions daily, addressing the best way to handle specific tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others.
- Ability to keep self and others organized and to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to travel throughout the diocese and work on the nights and weekends occasionally.
- Proficiency in a variety of writing styles, from creative to professional to technical and more.
- Proficiency in the use of Gmail and GSuite and Microsoft products