The Diocese of Nashville seeks qualified candidates for a web designer for a full-time position providing graphic design projects for social media and print projects for the Tennessee Register newspaper and the Diocese of Nashville and its offices and ministries. This position is generally on duty Monday through Friday during the regular daytime business hours of the Catholic Pastoral Center and requires occasional night and weekend duty. The position reports to the Creative Services Manager.
- Develop new ideas for content for and design of diocesan website and social media.
- Help determine needs of the community served through the web to advance the reach of the printed Tennessee Register.
- Help ensure that the diocesan web site and social media are representative of the Bishop’s Mission and the Vision for the Church.
- Assist Creative Services Manager (CSM) with diocesan web site and social media content so that it is appropriate for medium.
- Assist CSM in training diocesan personnel on the use, potential and benefits of the web site.
- Create ads for diocesan newspaper, directory and other publications if needed.
- Assist with creation of materials for various offices and ministries. Assist with placement and appropriateness of materials
- Act as wise steward of department and diocesan resources.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma.
- Understanding of SEO and Social Media Marketing. Experience with or training received in graphic design for print and web.
- Experience in website development and maintenance.
- Experience with all Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel), the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and other technology used to create Web sites.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to design ads
- Ability to edit material to fit web design
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to be accountable to supervisors
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Ability to create graphic designs
- Self-starter with ability to organize own time and work of others
- Knowledge of Catholic teaching, theology, Scripture and the institutional Church
This position includes a competitive salary, based upon qualifications and experience, and an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter of introduction and a resume that includes at least three references to email@example.com