This position supports the digital marketing and communications efforts of the Office of Media and Evangelization (OME) for the Catholic Diocese of Nashville. The Web Manager coordinates diocesan digital efforts in spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ to the people of Middle Tennessee and beyond while striving for maximum impact and reach. This position develops and administers websites, apps, streaming platforms, and other digital properties; supports and directs the implementation of digital initiatives and website management at the diocesan, parish, and school level. Working with the OME team, the Web Manager strives to connect both the faithful and the unformed to the beauty, truth, and goodness of the Roman Catholic Church and the excellent works and beliefs of the faith via best practice digital strategies and results-focused creativity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manages and conducts daily updates of websites in the diocesan portfolio. Maintains web content and design to ensure that diocesan websites are functional, accurate, and effective.
- Monitors and analyzes website performance.
- Develops new and updates existing websites, apps, content portals, streaming audio and video services, and other digital properties.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, reviews web content, links, and design. Provides necessary updates and enhancements in a timely manner. Makes recommendations and develops roadmaps for planned maintenance and enhancements.
- Implements search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) to drive traffic to websites, reaching Catholic and non-Catholic audience segments.
- Executes and measures digital marketing campaigns. Use ad targeting, UTM tagging, lead cultivation, and industry best practices to drive results and achieve goals.
- Implements and manages advertising channels across digital platforms, including targeted social media ads, Google AdWords, online publications, and podcast platforms.
- Determines appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) and performance metrics. Reports regularly on analytics for websites, ad platforms, content publishing sites, apps, streaming services, and communication platforms, like Flocknote.
- Evaluates the success of campaigns and ongoing activities. Assesses performance-to-goal and regularly reports on website and search performance to OME leadership and other stakeholders.
- Supports parish websites by directly administering them or providing support to local parish staff.
- Executes online distribution of digital assets, including radio recordings, podcasts, videos, graphics, and multimedia packages. Recommends platforms and positioning for maximum impact.
- Supports creation of graphic content for diocesan digital channels.
- Collaborates with in-house content creators and marketing leaders, as well as agencies and external service providers, to support the production of effective materials and content for optimal digital impact and user experience.
- Ensures projects meet expectations for quality, timeliness, and effectiveness.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the market and industry. Identifies need for new products, services, strategies, and tactics and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Assists with budget preparation for the Office of Media and Evangelization.
- Supports the broad work and goals of the OME’s digital outreach and engagement unit by performing other related duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, digital marketing, multimedia journalism, computer science, or equivalent web development certifications.
- Minimum three years of experience in website design, website administration, or webmaster role. Thorough understanding of website design and management.
- Prior experience working with digital agencies preferred.
- Experience with nonprofit or religious organizations preferred.
- Proficient in best practice methods, measurement, and reporting/dashboards for Content Management Systems, keyword research tools, audience segmentation including content taxonomy and metadata, and site analytics tools like Hotjar.
- Proficient in web design and development in platforms like WordPress, Wix, or eCatholic.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, best practice, and measurement.
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Grants.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) software, like Salesforce or Zoho, marketing automation software, and user journeys a plus.
- Basic understanding of Catholic theology and a working knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder needs simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and creative thinker who can problem solve, work independently, and exercise good judgment under pressure.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and basic graphic design, photo editing, and video editing a plus.
- Ability to travel within the Diocese of Nashville (approximately 30%).
- Ensures accountability holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Communicates effectively developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Nimble learning actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Plans and Aligns planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Drives Results consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
To apply, visit this website: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/1496978/Roman-Catholic-Diocese-of-Nashville/Web-Manager