Saint Matthew Catholic Church, located in Franklin, TN, is a growing parish with a talented and energetic staff serving approximately 1,200 families. We are seeking a Youth Director. This position is full-time.
The Youth Director is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and execution of parish programs designed to engage and educate the youth (ages 13-18) of the parish. The Youth Director will work to encourage, inspire and engage with the youth on their faith journey.
- Collaborate with the DRE, pastor and Principal to define the strategic direction of the Youth Ministry (Middle School and High School) program.
- Responsible for planning and facilitating weekly sessions with youth during the school year.
- Responsible for recruiting and training a team of volunteers to serve as small group leaders.
- Act as Ignite coordinator in supervising middle school ministry.
- Responsible for planning appropriate events and retreats to serve as fellowship and spiritual opportunities for youth, including the confirmation retreat.
- Coordinate involvement in Diocese and community activities such as Holy Fire, Youth 2000, Search, World Youth Day, March For Life, and Regional and National Youth Conferences.
- Actively recruit youth to participate in the Youth Ministry program throughout the year.
- Maintain a high degree of visibility and involvement in the church and with youth in the community.
- Collaborate with other Youth Ministry leaders within the diocese to seek solutions and ideas.
- Adhere to Diocesan Safe Environment guidelines and ensure timely completion of all required background checks for volunteers.
- Participate in the budgeting process and adheres to sound budgeting practices.
- Interact and collaborate with parents in a professional and respectful manner to communication the visions and specific components of the Youth Ministry Department.
- A faithful and practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the teachings and Liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church preferably with previous experience working in a Roman Catholic Parish
- Certified Catechist or willingness to pursue certification
- Experience interacting with and leading teens
- Preferred experience with graphics, videos and social media content development.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience with excellent benefits package.