PAYROLL STATUS: Non-Exempt – 35 hrs/wk
DEPARTMENT: Management Office
LOCATION: Nashville, TN (On-site, Belle Meade)
GENERAL SUMMARY: Provide confidential accounting and administrative support with a variety of activities and related tasks. Assist the Controller and CEO with duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Controller
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and processes accounts payable for one company on a weekly basis.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll for two companies in Sage 100, reviewing for accuracy and discrepancies.
- Prepares analytical reports of payroll information as needed.
- Files quarterly payroll taxes and produces annual tax forms.
- Coordinates benefit enrollments, changes, and terminations with Human Resources.
- Maintains employee payroll files.
- Assists employees with payroll and benefit matters.
- Prepares monthly benefit vendor payments for two companies.
- Maintains applicable accounting records in proper order.
- Assists Controller and CEO as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- General accounting knowledge.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize under stress.
- Gracious, outgoing and professional manner; pleasant and clear speaking voice, both in person and on the phone.
- Ability to understand English well enough to follow written and oral instructions and procedures; accurately type correspondence; and communicate with residents and employees.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel required. Experience with Sage 100 accounting software a plus.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills: ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years general accounting experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, speak clearly and concisely, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above duties are intended to describe the general nature and level of work required of this position. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
This position includes a competitive salary, based upon qualifications and experience, and an excellent benefits package.
Please forward your resume and three references to Mary.email@example.com