Under the supervision of the Director of Catechesis, the Campus Minister organizes and implements a ministry program for UCAT MTSU that builds authentic community, cultivates virtue, deepens spiritual life, and gives students the opportunity to learn Christian doctrine. The Campus Minister is also responsible for encouraging student participation, recruiting volunteers, and arranging logistics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Sponsor for student intellectual formation group.
- Coordinate existing graduate and professional groups in and among the various schools.
- Sponsor for student apostolic works group.
- Develops apostolic formation plan.
- Develops and maintains relationships with service sites.
- Serves as liaison to Saint Rose.
- Develops mission opportunities at spring break and other times.
- Mentors student leaders.
- Sponsor for student human formation group.
- Assures compliance with Diocesan and University policies for student events, programs, and trips.
- Coordinate spiritual formation and sacramental events.
- Assists Chaplain with student spiritual formation group.
- Coordinates student retreats and handles logistics for retreats.
Budget and Operations
- Collaborates with the Director of Catechesis on the development and maintenance of budgets for all student activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Divinity, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies, Education, or related field including Philosophy.
- 1-3 years of experience in Catholic campus ministry, or related parish or missionary ministry.
- Experience in organizing successful student events and trips.
OTHER SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Support for and participation in the University Catholic mission.
- Commitment to a life of holiness, including a vigorous prayer and sacramental life.
- Ability to promote University Catholic in the wider community.
- Commitment to Catholic moral, intellectual, and sacramental life.
- Schedule flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Presentation skills for classroom, small group, or individual settings with students or constituents.
- Computer skills for word processing, office publishing, spread sheet and data management, internet, and social networking.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, climb stairs, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate noise levels in the work environment. The University Campus Ministry Office is a smoke free facility.
Please send resume and cover letter to Director of Catechesis, Saint Rose Church at email@example.com