Director of Finance
The Finance Director is responsible for all financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, year-end and Diocesan) for St Matthew Church and School. The Finance Director prepares and monitors the Church and School budgets and cash flow planning. This person overseas all aspects of collecting, counting, recording and depositing funds.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Maintains an accurate filing, record keeping and reporting system for all parish and school financial matters. Prepares the monthly, quarterly and year-end reports for Pastor, Diocese, Parish Finance Committee, Parish Council and School Board, as required.
- Administers a cash flow management system with purchasing and payment schedules.
- Monitors the collection, counting, recording and depositing of parish and school revenue from all sources.
- Works with Director of Operations on monthly payroll processing as well as other pay runs.
- Serves as a helpful resource to parish organizations/committees in all financial matters from planning to auditing.
- Serves as parish contact with financial institutions and the Diocese.
- Assists in the planning of financial stewardship and long-range planning. Specifically, coordinates Time, Talent & Treasure Stewardship drive with the Bishop’s Stewardship Appeal.
- Prepares information required for annual Subsidy Review, presents information to committee and administers follow-up communication.
- Prepares financial statements for Parish Finance Committee, leads meetings and works with members in the administration of committee business.
- As an ex-officio member of St. Matthew School Board (SMSB), provides financial information to School Finance Committee on a quarterly basis, prepares budget and presentation for tuition fee setting, subsidy calculation and tuition assistance.
- Prepares Annual Diocesan assessment report as well as any other ad hoc Diocesan requests.
- A faithful and practicing Catholic.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master's preferred.
- Five to ten years’ experience in business or management.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices are required.
St. Matthew Church
May 10, 2023
To apply, click here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Apply/1709057