St. Rose of Lima Church, located in Murfreesboro, TN, is a growing parish with a talented and energetic staff serving over 3,000 families. We are seeking a High School Youth Minister. This position is part-time with an irregular schedule, night and weekend availability required.
The High School Youth Minister (YM) is primarily responsible for helping the HS students of Saint Rose develop a closer relationship with Jesus Christ. To this end, the YM will implement the Life Teen Ministry Program. In addition, the YM will manage the Totus Tuus evening program during the summer.
The YM is expected to work approximately 20 hours per week and reports directly to the Director of Faith Formation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in education, theology, religious education, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in youth ministry.
- May require Catechist Certification or willingness to complete through the Diocese of Nashville or an approved program of study.
- May require enrollment in the National Certificate in Youth Ministry program
ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR REQUIREMENTS
- Active member of a Roman Catholic faith community.
- Models Catholic lifestyle with joy for the faith and positive attitude toward the Church.
- Desires to communicate the faith and possesses ability to work with young people.
- Supervisory skills for directing youth and volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for interacting with pastor, staff, volunteers, and parents.
- Organizational skills for managing details related to all aspects of youth ministry.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate evening and weekend work.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate travel including youth retreats and trips.
- Proficiency in the use of computers including internet, email and Microsoft Office products.
- Successful completion of parish Safe Environment program.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.