The Glenmary Home Missioners and Holy Family Catholic Church seek a Pastoral Associate to collaborate with the Pastor in providing leadership and youth/young adult ministry in Lafayette, TN. Responsibilities include ministry to youth (ages 12 – 18) and young adults (ages 18 – 35), faith formation, RCIA and evangelization. A Bachelor’s in theology, pastoral ministry or religious studies is required and a Master’s is preferred. Previous rural parish ministry experience would be beneficial. Fluency in English and Spanish is required. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies, or related field is preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Studies will be considered.
- Or equivalent education and experience
- Previous supervised parish ministry experience
- Teaching (youth and adult level)
- Small town/rural experience, preferable
- Experience in religious education, including R.C.I.A. and R.C.I.C.
- Experience with youth 12–18 years old and young adults 18 – 35 years old
NEEDED SKILLS AND APTITUDES:
- Fluency in both Spanish and English, conversation, reading and writing
- Competency with social media
- Good listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work and relate well with others
- Ability to empower others
- Ability to do night-time driving
- Flexible and adaptable to mission context
The Bi-lingual Pastoral Associate is part of the parish staff and is required to perform the ministry within the normal work week and when the parish is gathered especially during Masses and social events. Flex time applies in case of evening and weekend pastoral work.
Email your resume to Lorraine Vancamp firstname.lastname@example.org .