Saint Joseph Church & School is looking for Custodian to join our parish community. The custodian provides coordinated janitorial services in the school or church and provides set-up and cleaning services for evening or weekend activities in the parish facilities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleans and maintains assigned areas of parish properties on a daily basis, e.g., classrooms, hallways, washrooms, lavatories, rooms, drinking fountains, offices, cafeteria, gym, entrances, etc.
- Inspects and cleans walls for graffiti and markings.
- Performs light maintenance as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists grounds persons as needed.
- Performs scheduled monthly, semiannual, or annual janitorial duties, e.g., floor waxing, painting, window washing, carpet cleaning, et cetera., as directed by Maintenance Supervisor in accordance with parish maintenance schedule.
- Provides set-up and cleaning of facilities for evening or weekend activities as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, perform physically strenuous activity related to maintenance, yard work, frequent lifting and standing, et cetera.
- Ability to withstand exposure to climate change, uncomfortable temperatures and exposure to work related fumes.
- Ability to work with equipment requiring considerable caution..
- Must possess necessary janitorial skills.
- Must have the ability to perform outlined tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have some general knowledge of janitorial supplies and their applications.
- Must be a person of integrity who respects private property and takes responsibility for the property assigned to him/her.
Maintains regular hours, but this position requires frequent evening and/or weekend hours and some holiday work.
Some experience preferred.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Hourly Rate: TBD, 32-40 hrs/week